Structured Diff Viewer: compare C# and Delphi pascal source based on syntax
Trace changes in source files
Regular file based difference viewers report lots of changes if methods or properties are just moved to a different location in a source file - even if nothing relevant changed.
Also, if white space is changed - especially line spanning - file based differences report unnecessary changes.
ModelMaker Structured Difference Viewer does not care about white space or locations. It compares source a syntactically. This helps you trace actual changes, even if methods are moved to another location or appear in different order.
ModelMaker Structured Difference Viewer offers:
- Show difference between files using Structured Difference based on syntax.
- Trace detailed changes even if methods are moved to different positions or appear in different order.
- Compare any two (renamed) classes in any two files.
- Ignore changes that are just related to line spanning and white space.
- Difference tree for quick navigation to modified entities.
- Native Delphi 1 - Delphi XE4 pascal support.
- Native C#1 - C#5 support.
The Navigation tree shows a hierarchal overview of changed, added and removed entities. This allows fast navigation to inspect change details.
Compare any two classes or methods
Use Class Difference to compare any two classes (or methods) in any two files. Class Difference allows you to:
- Compare renamed classes and methods in different files.
- See structured differences for classes that are refactored and split into several other classes.
- Trace detailed changes for similar methods in different classes. Even if those methods have different names.